Building A Successful Team
Teamwork is essential for practice success, however, teamwork requires hard work, teambuilding, and dedication to common goals in order for the team and the practice to thrive. Office staff is often a varied group with different personalities, backgrounds, levels of education, strengths, weaknesses, and problem solving skills. It can be difficult to get everyone to focus their energy in the same direction and work together rather than against each other. The effort you put in to teambuilding now will pay dividends in the end.
In teambuilding it is important to celebrate the differences of the group, and appreciate the value that each individual brings to the table. When you get all these people focused together, you will accomplish more in less time, while increasing the efficiency of the office.
Achievements of a Successful Team
- Improved Communication – Each member of the group contributes to the conversation, gives
input, and helps make decisions
- Meet and Exceed Practice Goals
- Strengthened Relationships with Staff, Patients, the Community
- Reduced Unhealthy Conflicts – Create an atmosphere where conflict is seen as an opportunity to
strengthen the team and the practice, rather than break it down.
- Improved Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding of Each Individual’s Contribution – The flow and success of the practice depends on
the understand of individual roles and how they fit together to
- A Motivating and Enjoyable Environment for both Patients and Staff
- Improved Patient Retention and Compliance
- Improved New Patient Visits
- Overall Practice Growth